Our Kora Club is more than a yarn club
It’s a way for us to give you a taste of our love for Tibetan Culture and its people, a way for you to join our path, to walk together and help in our effort to support Tibetan communities. But we are also an Italian brand so we had to bring something Italian into the Club, a special surprise for each club crafted with love in our home country.
What does the club include and how does it work?
Every other month we will introduce a limited-edition colorway of our Baby Yak Medium (other lines might follow) based on the mood we have created for that month. The mood is inspired by the colors of Tibet, its culture and landscape. There is no automatic renewal so you are not bound to get the bi-monthly club if you don’t like what you see.
Registration is now open for two weeks, unless it sells out before. Your club will ship immediately after the closing day.
The guest designer is Jennifer Shiels Toland and she has created the gorgeous Seafield Concho with the color Passion Red (see below for more information). This design was previewed in another color at Vogue Knitting in New York.
Each club includes:
- Limited colorway skeins: you can choose the basic club with the number of skeins you want (3 to 8);
- The exclusive Seafield Conchopattern by Jennifer Shiels Toland (via Ravelry download code);
- A card with the monthly mood;
- In addition, you can select the following add on: “From Italy with love”(click the link to read more). This add on changes for every club and is something special made in Italy. It can be something handmade, special delicacies, something good for your body and soul, or something you could use for your creativity.
Note: Yarn club cannot be substituted for other colors and is non-refundable.
How many skeins you need to knit the Concho?
- 3 skeins for the smaller version called Seafield cowl and 5(6) for the concho.
- Seafield Concho is the second cowl in Jennifer’s Sea collection https://www.ravelry.com/bundles/the-sea-collection. It is a unisex textured cowl, knit in the round, using Gansey-inspired stitches from the Seafield sweater. This funnel-shaped cowl gives you extra warmth around the neck and shoulders, with its narrower top half keeping you snug as a bug!
Our Passion red color is an intense red with a hint of orange and blue. Red makes you feel passionate and energized. Red is the warmest and most dynamic of the colors—it triggers opposing emotions. It is often associated with passion and love as well as anger and danger. Red also represents a boost in our physical energy levels, it increases our heart rate and blood pressure and helps in increasing adrenaline in our body. And that’s just the correct ingredients for some great passion.
Designer Bio: Jennifer Shiels Toland
Jennifer Shiels Toland is now living and working from her small studio in a coastal village on the Long Island Sound, north of New York City. Her design ethos is “less is definitely more” except when it comes to Brioche, then it’s definitely “more is more”! She started off working in the world of computing and investment banking for almost a decade, spent several years in the field of architecture and design, and now knits! Jennifer was taught knitting in her early school days in Ireland, aided and abetted by her mother. This love of knitting resurfaced after the birth of her son, when she started to design and knit children’s accessories under her HotHead brand. Travel, architecture and design are true loves for Jennifer. She draws inspiration for her JST Knitwear Designs from architecture and the beautiful rugged landscape of rural Ireland, combined with a passion for simplicity. One of Jennifer’s first patterns was selected by Sixth & Spring Books, New York, for the Knit Noro Accessories 2 book, April 2017, which was a deciding factor in perusing adult knitwear design.